Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Reflection Memo - Paper #3

     For this music research project, I first thought about what my favorite thing about music was. I asked myself why I listen to music in the first place and the answer was because of the lyrics. I think lyrics are one of the most important parts to a song and so I decided to write about them. Then, I had to connect this idea of lyrics to an issue and the first thing that came to my mind was profanity.
     As I was writing my rough draft, I wanted to incorporate evidence of the points I was making about the evolution of lyrics so I included lyrics of different songs by different artists for support. This slightly changed the structure of my paper (in a positive way, I hope).
     This was the first time I had to conduct my own primary research and it was a good experience. I wish I would have had a better outline for my paper before the interview took place because I realized afterwards that I could have asked better questions. I consider that one of the weaknesses of this paper.
     I look back and conclude that I should have done more research earlier. It is much easier to write with the research already done than trying to search for more sources to fit into my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment